Another club question for you all

So I have been playing quite a bit more in the last couple of weeks.
    One thing I have noticed is i reach for my 4 & 5 Hybrid way more than I do a Fairway wood.
    With the Hybrids so much easier to make contact, is there even a reason for me to carry a Wood?
    how many do the same?
    Do you use a Hybrid more than a Wood?

2. Member
    I have a 5 wood I hit 205 which is the same as my hybrid 19 degree. I only rarely use it but the ball flight for me is higher than the hybrid so there are a few times it is the choice over the hybrid. I will say I took it out of the bag for the last 12 months or so but just re-added it to the bag to find what I need post surgery.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Sorry but i can’t help with your problem. I use my QI10 3 & 5 wood Max. I do not have any hybrids. One reason no hybrids is, I hit my long irons long and straight. I do know my partner does NOT carry a 3 wood because he can NAIL his hybrids fantastic.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    A lot of it depends on how you swing and deliver the club head.

They’re all tools and all have their time and place. You should be hitting your 3W substantially further than your 5H.

Having said that, I play a 4H and then a 3W. I’d rather play an extra wedge than a club in between my 4H and a 3W bc the extra wedge will be used a lot more. I hit my 4H around 225 and my 3W 240-250.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    So I do not carry any hybrids. I actually hit them worse than my long irons and I play my woods way better and achieve more distance. But let me ask this..... What are your distances? So my worry with your question is that you would be causing a HUGE gap between driver and hybrids, and then overlapping same distances of hybrids and long irons. Try and set your bag up to achieve as few gaps as possible and definitely try to not have a clubs in your bag that hit same distances.