Question Cell phone question

I have Apple Iphone 11. When I get a text I also get tone (Boing) on my phone to let me know I have received a text. I have 1 contact in my phone that when he text me I receive no tone. I got him to text another phone and they received a tone from his phone. Any ideas why this 1 contact does not generate a tone for a text on my phone? Thanks

check the properties of that contact, I have some that I set to no sounds, I cant help with where, as I have android but it must have a setting in the properties of that contact.

You can set up what you get as an "alert" from individual contacts. Go into your contacts, find the name of the person you want to manipulate. Click on their name and you should see their name and either their contact pic or their initials on the top half of your screen. Up in the top right corner, click "Edit". Scroll down and you should see "Ringtone" and "Text Tone" with an arrow pointing to the left. Click that arrow and you can change what happens when that person calls or texts you.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    You can set up what you get as an "alert" from individual contacts. Go into your contacts, find the name of the person you want to manipulate. Click on their name and you should see their name and either their contact pic or their initials on the top half of your screen. Up in the top right corner, click "Edit". Scroll down and you should see "Ringtone" and "Text Tone" with an arrow pointing to the left. Click that arrow and you can change what happens when that person calls or texts you.
    I did this and all looks correct! I have tried deleting all of his info from my contacts and have reentered him as if new contact. Now I am trying to find him to try it! LOL
    Did not work!

5. Member
    Sounds like you accidentally put him on silent
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    Open their text, click under there name (>) toggle on or off “Hide Alerts”
    2011 Lowe Skorpion, 18hp nissan, Ultrex, Helix 9 G3, Impulse Lithium