50ah Ionic dedicated for graphs?

Think it'd be enough? Graphs and FFS only...3 106SV's and a LVS32. I've got an extra and was thinking about putting it to use.

2. Member
    Might be better asked on the Garmin forum. It depends on the total draw and how long of a day is your average. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    thats only going to last you about 5 to 6 hours
    on a 50ah you can run 1 FFS and 1 graph and stay within the 20% recommended low, you can run 2 of the graphs and FFS maybe 8 hours comfortably, longer but may be getting lower than recommended on a repeated use
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Thanks! That's what I needed to know.

with a 100ah ionic I can run four units with 360 and live scope - after 8 hours I am still at about 30%. if I ever feel like I will be fishing longer I either turn units off or put in standby

If you want to try this route, this video has an excel sheet you can use to estimate and compare run times with your electronics setup. As mentioned, 50Ah is probably not what you need

2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | 6" Jackplate | Garmin Force @36v | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Think it'd be enough? Graphs and FFS only...3 106SV's and a LVS32. I've got an extra and was thinking about putting it to use.
    Not enough, I do not like a house battery setup at all, another subject as to why,
    I prefer is needed a hybrid system, AGM and Lithium connected in parallel for everything. If the wiring installation is done properly you will have interference in your MFD,s and no voltage drop.
    SeaClear is not up to the task, simply it sucks
    Last edited by lpugh; Yesterday at 04:17 AM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Not enough, I do not like a house battery setup at all, another subject as to why,
    I prefer is needed a hybrid system, AGM and Lithium connected in parallel for everything. If the wiring installation is done properly you will have interference in your MFD,s and no voltage drop.
    SeaClear is not up to the task, simply it sucks

Can you help expand on why you prefer to run two batteries in parallel with different nominal voltages, internal resistances, very different cycle life, etc?
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | 6" Jackplate | Garmin Force @36v | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

Quote Originally Posted by goodman_fishing View Post
    Can you help expand on why you prefer to run two batteries in parallel with different nominal voltages, internal resistances, very different cycle life, etc?
    Both batteries benefit from this setup in lifespan, would be a very long post to explain this in detail. Google Hybrid battery system for boats
    simple quick answer is, Lithium's do not like to be at 100% SOC, their very low resistance allows the lithium to recover fast when running and will except most of the charge current, when not running the lithium will work like a battery maintainer topping off the AGM, resulting in better life for both batteries. The AGM takes care any issue of a potential BMS shutdown that can cause damage to electrical systems on the big motor.
    Just have separate batteries for testing, and should be done on a regular basis, at least yearly as all batteries should be.
    Every boat that comes to me for any work gets the batteries tested always.
    Last edited by lpugh; Yesterday at 09:51 AM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

I run 2-9" Garmins, 1-9", Live Scope+, and a Raymarine Axium RV on a separate Lithium 12v 42ah and it was barely enough for a full day (9hrs). So I added another 12v 42ah in parallel and it easily went 2 (+a little more) days. My TM Lithium's are 12v 100ah and after 23hrs fishing, mostly on the TM, were at 68%.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Vatrer Lithium / V-T2 Vents