Mercury Warranty Options

I'm looking at several boats in the 20-23 year range. Some have extended warranty out to like 2028. Some the factory is gonna expire in 2025 or 2026. I have seen that if the factory goes out you can't extend it. What are the options for extended warranty from Merc?

2. Member
    I believe you need to have an authorized Mercury dealer transfer the existing warranty into your name then, if the option is available, can add the additional warranty. I also believe it has to be done in fairly short order after transfer of ownership. If the warranty is already expired, there is no extending it through the manufacturer.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

3. Member
    Picking nits, there's no extended warranty per se, but there are two product protection plan options, Gold and Platinum. You definitely want Platinum!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    I'm pretty sure as long as the factory warranty is still intact you can extend it in either gold or platinum. The closer to expiration the factory warranty is, I believe will effect the price. I may be wrong but that's how I understand it to be..
    2005 Triton TR-186
    2024 Mercury Pro XS 150

5. Member
    Motor has to currently be in warranty to get an extended warranty. Gold covers everything except electrical, Platinum covers electrical too.

6. Member
    Original factory warranty must be in effect to purchase Gold or Platinum product protection which are service contracts, details here.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Original factory warranty must be in effect to purchase Gold or Platinum product protection which are service contracts, details here.
    ^^^ Correct.

We can assist you with special BBC member pricing on Product Protection Plans, provided that the engine in question is:

-Less than 5 years since build date
    -Less than 500 total runtime hours
    -Still within the 3 Year Factory Warranty Period
    -Registered to a US Consumer, for pleasure (non-commercial) use.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor