Anybody help me with info?

Looking at buying this motor. Model 1152F131D. Serial # 2B649764. Thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    115 ProXS 4-Stroke "L" (20") Model, built 1/22/19. Warranty ended earlier this year.

Have it checked out- if it's in good shape, those are good engines!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Don the model numbers right according to the pic of the tag on the motor that I took but it says right on it that it’s a 150pxs4s serial number 2B649764. Is something wrong with the tag?!Thanks

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No sir, Les. I've got "1st-digit-itis". It's a 150 ProXS, I looked at the "115" which is actually 1-152....". My bad.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    No sir, Les. I've got "1st-digit-itis". It's a 150 ProXS, I looked at the "115" which is actually 1-152....". My bad.

6. Member
    But, FWIW, those are good engines too, right Don?
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    But, FWIW, those are good engines too, right Don?
    They're great engines, I ran a set of them on a 23' Boston Whaler. The alternators are the weak point and only seem to last 400-600 hours. Don would have more info on them.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Been a rock-solid powerplant. Don't see quite as many alternator problems as we used to- I suspect there were some vendor problems because of things like the end cover falling off or loose were occurring.

9. Member
    I just wish they would run within 10 mph of the old two strokes because mine sure won't. Not even close. I'm wishing i'd bought the 2017 optimax 175 a local dealer had. My rig is 18 mph slower than with the old 175 johnson that was on it for 20 years.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I just wish they would run within 10 mph of the old two strokes because mine sure won't. Not even close. I'm wishing i'd bought the 2017 optimax 175 a local dealer had. My rig is 18 mph slower than with the old 175 johnson that was on it for 20 years.
    Not surprised a 150 is slower than your old 175, BUT, 18 MPH is absurd. Something isn't right, if not in the engine you have a severe balance or setup problem.

11. Member
    I could see mid 50s & I’d be happy with that but 48 is ridiculous.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I could see mid 50s & I’d be happy with that but 48 is ridiculous.
    ???? 18 MPH ????

13. Member
    ???? 18 MPH ????
    Yep I ram 66 with my old Johnson & evidently didn’t know how good I had it.

14. Member
    Not surprised a 150 is slower than your old 175, BUT, 18 MPH is absurd. Something isn't right, if not in the engine you have a severe balance or setup problem.
    Don I tried a 24 tempest plus last night & am now running 61 at 4” below with over 30lbs. water pressure at just barely over 6000 rpm according to the tach. Now I need to buy another prop & raise it up about an inch & she’ll be good to go. That’s 5 mph less than the old 175 Johnson & im pretty sure I can do a little tweaking & get 62 or 63.
    Last edited by Les Young; 09-16-2024 at 09:16 AM.