Wacky worm set up for largemouth.

Do you run two different wacky worm setups for largemouth? A med light when fishing skinnier style worms and then a med/medium heavy for senkos?

what is your set up?

2. Member
    Wacky worm on a spinning rod. Senkos on a baitcaster.

3. Member
    I use the same baitcasting rig for 5" wacky Senkos on LM, and 4" for smallmouth. If I'm skipping them, it's a 6'10" ML Mojo spinning.

4. Scraps
    I have a couple “3” power spinning outfits for neko and wacky rigging. They’re like a medium-MH 6-10 to 7-1. All are interchangeable. Anywhere from 10 to 20# braid with an 8# Top-Knot leader. Use these for Ned’s and tubes also. Last couple seasons I got into neko rigging a Zoom fat finesse in the spring.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Don’t overthink it. Was out in the kayak Thursday. Took 4 rods. 3 with braid for the topwater bite and a big cranking rod with 17 lb Fluorocarbon.Handful of tackle. Caught some 3-5 pounders on top. Tied a ned rig on the 17lb rod after they wouldn’t touch the crankbait. Caught fish just fine on the heavy line.

6. Member
    Medium light spinning for anything wacky for me.

7. Member
    7 foot medium spinning rod with 20 lb braid and 12 lb big game mono leader for weightless wackey rigs, and a 7 foot medium baitcaster with 15 lb Pline C21 for the weighted wackey rigs.

8. Member
    Cover will dictate which rod for me. 5 inch Senko almost all of the time. Lighter cover I use my 7'2” ML. Heavier cover I use the 7’2” casting outfit. Both wacky style.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Wacky worm on a spinning rod. Senkos on a baitcaster.
    Same here.

10. Member
    I use a 7 ft. medium action spinning rod (Shimano Stradic/St.Croix combo) with 5 inch Senko on a Owner Wacky Hook in a 2/0 (rigged wacky style ) and 10 lb. Nanofil green line. I have caught everything with this including pike, crappy, small/largemouth bass and never lost a fish with that Owner hook. I have rigged Senko straight with a wide-gap hook as well as a shakey head jig.

11. Member
    I dont use stickbaits, so my one is a 7' med-light kistler helium casting rod with a daiwa bfs reel, with either 1/16 or 3/32 flickshake jighead with a variety of finesse worms.

12. Member
    For wacky, I prefer a 7’ Med-Fast action rod, size 1 Neko hook or a 1/0 Dropshot hook, 20lb braid to an 8lb leader. I never really wacky any finesse worms, I always prefer stick/senko style baits
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

13. Member
    For skipping docks I use a 6'6" MH spinning rod and run 12lb mono. Not skipping docks any 7' M spinning rod works with braid to a 10 or 12lb leader. Texas rigged Senkos I use a M/MH baitcaster.

14. Member
    Anybody using the VMC Crossover rings to rig their hooks on Senkos ?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    Yes I use the VMC crossover rings and they work great. One ring will last me all day unless I break off and a senko will last much longer than when using an O ring or just hooking into the senko.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    I tried a few of them. I use 3/8 inch shring tubing, and have been doing so for years. I buy the 4 foot lengths in different colours at the local hobby shop, cut them into snall bands and then use a candle for a heat source to shrink them onto 5 inch Senkos. One worm will last for several fish.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

17. Member
    Yesuae them and love them I recommend using 1 size smaller than VMC suggests. I've had 5" Senkos snatched clean out of #7 size rings before so now use #6 and have even used #5 at times.