Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Help with Livescope settings that were fine and now not

PXL_20240904_143604270.jpgPXL_20240904_143549603.jpg

LVS 32:

I recently had an issue with my screen suddenly going to 45° so I had to adjust the AHRS to return it horizontal

Now my detail is atrocious past 60ft. I can't see anything but small vertical lines. I'm also getting a ton of troller interference when moving around.

Is there something I should adjust? Gain is 67% ,colour gain is 80, noise reject is low, tvg off, ghost reject off

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruss1984 View Post
    PXL_20240904_143604270.jpgPXL_20240904_143549603.jpg

LVS 32:

I recently had an issue with my screen suddenly going to 45° so I had to adjust the AHRS to return it horizontal

Now my detail is atrocious past 60ft. I can't see anything but small vertical lines. I'm also getting a ton of troller interference when moving around.

Is there something I should adjust? Gain is 67% ,colour gain is 80, noise reject is low, tvg off, ghost reject off
    Those settings all seem like good baseline to me? My 1st rule of thumb when things aren't looking good.. just retore to default settings and start over. 10ft on depth is pretty shallow.. I'd set it at least 5- 10 more ft and take a look at it again. I'm never all that happy with mine with my depth set less than 20 ft really. even when I use it in less than 5 I usually have it set to 15'

Thanks for the help. Part of my issue was the angulation of my transducer as embarassing as it is to admit. I'm still having issues where my bottom should be more horizontal and am seeing it flare up and down when the trolling motor is engaged. When I release the troller button, my bottom levels back out again....

How did you adjust the AHRS? Did you play with the Pitch settings? The Pitch settings are for if your shaft or pole is not plumb and you need to adjust it a degree or two. Not to adjust that 45 degree error. For that you call Garmin for a possible bad transducer.

And seeing out 100' in 10' of water is wishful thinking, especially on a LVS32

Had more issues again today. Back to a constant bottom moving up and down 45°. I had to go in to Sonar Installation>AHRS.. turn it off and then manually adjust the bottom to get it horizontal.

I was told again that the update will be out by the end of the month to fix it. Apparently it's an issue affecting a lot of people, both LVS 32&34

Anyone else having this issue?

6. Member
    The pictures in your original post don't look like what you are describing.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Try putting it in Forward mode and not auto

Is you transducer clicked correct?
    lvs32 orientation.jpg

Did you call Garmin? Almost everyone with that prob Garmin sends a new TD.

LWINCHEATER2: My original issue was because the transducer was in the wrong position, so that issue was solved

MonteSS: I spoke to Garmin a 2nd time today and was told my issue with the bottom angulation problem is to be solved with a software fix at the end of the month with an update ��

9. Member
    I question that promised software fix solution. I think most run the latest version of the software. If that software is causing a problem on your system, a lot of other people would have the same problem.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

32 and 34 are different software and it happens with both.
    Still didn't here if your orientation is on Forward or Auto

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruss1984 View Post
    Had more issues again today. Back to a constant bottom moving up and down 45°. I had to go in to Sonar Installation>AHRS.. turn it off and then manually adjust the bottom to get it horizontal.

I was told again that the update will be out by the end of the month to fix it. Apparently it's an issue affecting a lot of people, both LVS 32&34

Anyone else having this issue?
    I had the same issue for the first time last weekend. Haven't been back out. While having the issue I did power off and back on a couple of times which helped for a while then went right back to rotating. Then I did set mine form auto to forward mode and did a factory reset or restore factory defaults and put in forward mode again. It seemed to work normally the rest of the day so not 100% sure what actually solved the problem? It's always been in auto mode till that issue.
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

The tech I spoke with at Garmin said there are a "a lot of others with this issue" him included. He said they were told on Sept 5th the update would be out this month, but Im skeptical to be honest. He did say the engineers specifically referenced a fix for this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I question that promised software fix solution. I think most run the latest version of the software. If that software is causing a problem on your system, a lot of other people would have the same problem.

My orientation is on forward mode. Agreed. The tech said the issue is in both the 32 and 34. They were initially replacing transducers but determined it was a software and not hardware issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    32 and 34 are different software and it happens with both.
    Still didn't here if your orientation is on Forward or Auto

Im very curious to see if you have the issue when you are out next. Please let me know how it goes. Previously, turning off AHRS (Garmins advice) fixed it but now it doesnt seem to be solving my issue. I had to reset my defaults and do a factory reset several times yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    I had the same issue for the first time last weekend. Haven't been back out. While having the issue I did power off and back on a couple of times which helped for a while then went right back to rotating. Then I did set mine form auto to forward mode and did a factory reset or restore factory defaults and put in forward mode again. It seemed to work normally the rest of the day so not 100% sure what actually solved the problem? It's always been in auto mode till that issue.

15. Member
    I have the same problem, 45 degree down angle. 3 weeks ago they said Q3, the sooner the better. I adjust the pitch but it doesn't work well in rough water

16. Member
    I should have said it doesn't work "as well" in rough water. The stabilizer really helps with panning around and also with waves. Without stabilization the view gets a bit exaggerated and can be hard to see baits and fish well.

I agree completely. I can hardly see my 1/2oz bait 50ft off the bow. I went back and looked at some screen shots from a few months ago to compare it to what Im seeing now, and I might as well not even use it. Its that bad.

I came across a "Garmin Livescop Q&A" group on Facebook and there are a lot of people complaining about this issue as well so its nice to know that Im not the only one. Everyone is waiting for this "magical" update
    Quote Originally Posted by trackernh View Post
    I should have said it doesn't work "as well" in rough water. The stabilizer really helps with panning around and also with waves. Without stabilization the view gets a bit exaggerated and can be hard to see baits and fish well.

18. Member
    I just called Garmin again (this morning) and they said they are not offering an ETA on the update. You need to manually set the pitch and keep the stabilizer off. I'm still kicking myself for updating the software in June to what was then the most "recent". I currently have the now "most recent" update to both the GLS10 and Echomap....which fixed the last problem. At least it's usable but, again, when you get in chop it's not good, especially at distance.

Has anyone with this problem tried rolling back the software?

No I havent. The tech just said they discovered something in the coding that was causing this error. Im no software expert but if the "glitch" is there, would rolling back software change the outcome?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast