Bow eye protection...

Good day guys, looking for ideas to prot cover the bow eye area where the roller sits. It's scuffing and now there a chip of gel missing that I will have to repair. Any thoughts?

What year model and what roller is on the bow. Are the end caps slotted to fit around the bow roller arms?

3. Member
    Are you backing the trailer in too deep?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    What year model and what roller is on the bow. Are the end caps slotted to fit around the bow roller arms?
    2019 cougar, there is a roller in the middle and to end caps…

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Padge1984 View Post
    Are you backing the trailer in too deep?
    I don’t power load, some of the ramps inside a steep so the bow doesn’t fill reach the front. It looks like it but it doesn’t. This happened the other day and when I applied the brake the boat slid forward a few inches. This scuffs it up and now a small chip about the size of little finger nail which I will have to patch up.

6. Member
    I’ve heard of some guys using a section of keel guard ? I did by the stainless steel bow guard but there’s too much bending for it to work

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass_boat_boy View Post
    I’ve heard of some guys using a section of keel guard ? I did by the stainless steel bow guard but there’s too much bending for it to work
    My solution great material.
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1256253

8. Member
    FWIW I load my boat then when I'm wiping it down I release the bow tension and place a folded microfiber rag between the bow and roller acts as a cushion and protects the bow area when trailering home but you have to remember to tighten the bow strap within reason for travelling hope this helps and my boat isn't a basscat just chiming in.

It is designed to power load, so you should be able if your regulations allow it.
    Load it up and cinch it down.

10. Member
    Thanks all. I’m gonna make the small repair and I orders some kayak keel guard material that should help protect the area.

11. Member
    I also have a 19 Cougar that likes to sit 1” back from where is should be on the trailer. If the boat isn’t all the way up on the trailer it does bounce pretty bad. I’ve had to re-trailer my boat a couple times to make sure it’s all the way up. Power loading makes life much easier.
    2019 Bass Cat Cougar / 2019 Mercury 250
    Lake Shasta Record Spotted Bass: 9.63lbs