Shoutout to HB Customer Service

My mega 360 was 2 months out of warranty but they covered it, even sending a prepaid shipping label. 1 day turn around for the repair. I've had several issues over the 20 years or so I've used them, but, they have taken good care of me, to keep me as a customer.

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    My mega 360 was 2 months out of warranty but they covered it, even sending a prepaid shipping label. 1 day turn around for the repair. I've had several issues over the 20 years or so I've used them, but, they have taken good care of me, to keep me as a customer.
    can’t help but feel this will get addressed down the road in an update. No big deal because my stuff otherwise is working perfect
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    can’t help but feel this will get addressed down the road in an update. No big deal because my stuff otherwise is working perfect
    What are you thinking will get addressed with an update?

My 360 wouldn't display the mega frequency on one side. Paperwork said they replaced circuit board in the Pod. I was relieved they would repair it, and even covered it under warranty, because I had altered it by cutting and shortening the shaft. The 360s seem to be more problematic than all other boat electronics, but I would expect that to be the case as the 360 is always rotating and is under water. The nature of the beast.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    My 360 wouldn't display the mega frequency on one side. Paperwork said they replaced circuit board in the Pod. I was relieved they would repair it, and even covered it under warranty, because I had altered it by cutting and shortening the shaft. The 360s seem to be more problematic than all other boat electronics, but I would expect that to be the case as the 360 is always rotating and is under water. The nature of the beast.
    How long did it finally take for them to agree to fix it? I’m having a time with them on my mega live, done sent them 2 videos and they’re wanting a 3rd video. Super busy at work and don’t have time to get on the lake, this is going to be a 2 month deal getting this done.

6. Member
    Maybe under water but you can turn it off.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

They took good care of me. Very fast turnaround on repairing my Apex 19. I would turn it on and the internal fan had a grinding noise. From the day I shipped it to back on my doorstep took 8 total days, 7 days of transit both ways and 1 day to repair and ship. Bought this unit new this year, so maybe I'm giving them too much credit for doing their job. But, there are many companies out there that let your crap sit on the receiving dock for days and print the shipping label days before the product actually leaves their facility.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

I give them a thumbs up, I had an apex screen flickering, back lite not working right. I got my replacement unit in 8working days!
    I did have to jump thu a hoop, by waiting on a power supply(which they provided), that took a couple 3 days.
    i am satisfied.
    gene
    22 BassCat Lynx
    22Mercury proXS
    Hummingbird/garmin
    ALX rods/Shimano /Lews
    Maxwell Flying inc