2020 Triton 19 TXP

I have a 2020 Triton 19 TXP. It's essentially a Ranger RT198P, but the salesman said that Triton made some changes (not certain what exactly the changes were) which allowed it to have a max 175hp outboard.

My father bought the boat new and I'm going to be buying it from him. We've been struggling to get it set up to perform where we think it should. Triton only made this model for a short time so there's not a lot of info on it, and my local Triton dealer is no help.

See below current setup / performance info:
    2020 Triton 19 TXP
    2020 Mercury Pro XS four stroke 175hp
    1.85 gear case
    24p Tempest Plus prop
    6" Slidemaster manual jackplate
    Prop shaft currently 4" below pad
    Reaching 6100rpm as per analog dash gauge
    4 lead agm batteries in battery compartment
    Minn Kota Fortrex 24v, 12" Garmin and 9" Lowrance on bow
    There are no trim tabs welded to the bottom of the hull, and there are only a couple small spots of bigger welds and they are in the corners where the stakes meet the transom.
    No power poles / shallow water anchors

Max speed per Lowrance internal gps (confirmed by phone app) is 57mph at 6100rpm, one person, half tank of gas, no water in livewell, 15 rod & reel combos, average tackle (heavier tackle in compartment behind passenger seat), 1/4 trim (max motor will trim while on plane).

Prop slip with above performance info comes out to 25% on the Mercury website. I've read that a prop slip this high typically means something is wildly off with setup.

I tried a 26p Tempest Plus, everything else the same, which dropped max rpms to 5800 - 5900, but top end speed dropped to around 50mph.

The current performance (with the 24p Tempest Plus) seems to be similar or even a little less than a lot of RT198Ps, even though I've got 25 more HPs. I should think that with 25 more horses I should expect at least low 60s.

So I guess what I'm asking is what you all recommend I try next. Should I try a different prop (Fury, Bravo, etc), if so, which one? Should I raise or lower the prop-to-pad (if so, which?).

Any ideas / comments appreciated.
    __________________________________________________ __
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

2. Member
    .Might need some cup added to the Tempest Plus and raise engine.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support