Transom compartment weather seal

All,

I have an 2005 198. Love it. I’ve put a ton of money updating it. It’s better than my Phoenix. I do not like the weather seal in the transom compartment. Has anyone changed theirs out. Mine is a rubber piece that is on the vertical part of the fiberglass. It does not channel the water out of the compartment at all. It’s riveted on. I just want my compartment as dry as I can when it is wet out or I back wash the boat when I set down too fast. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
    2005 Champion 198 SC
    2022 Yamaha sho 225hp

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    If you're talking about the rear compartment lid, I guess I'm at a loss. My 210 doesn't have any type of seal. Any water that comes in goes into the bilge. It's not anything I worry about since the bulk of the water is drained out the bilge drain, and the moisture left in the compartment evaporates fairly quickly since I put the charger on and leave the lid up as soon as I put it back in storage. You can't see them in this picture, but there are 2 plastic grommets on the aft side to drain the water on through.

DSC00052.JPG

3. Member
    Pics would help. I did a compartment reseal with this stuff.

Nvm I can't find the screen shot now lol but automotive weather stripping, bubble type
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite