21XP with 300R demo rides?

I am going to buy a 21xp with the 300r this winter but wanted to see if there is anyone in the Northern California area who has this boat that would be willing to meet up so I can see it on the water and go for a ride. I can pay for gas and launch. I am switching from a 2020 nitro Z20 with a 250. Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    That would be an awesome setup.

3. Member
    I'm interested in the performance. A 300R on a 21XP, I take it you plan on the torque master lower unit? I've been doing some random research, 250R only comes with a sportsmaster? , but if you jump to a 300R there are more lower unit/ gear ratio options. Is that how you came to the 300R combo decision?

4. Member
    That would be an awesome setup. Mine doesn't help you but I'm always willing to show it off if you want to see performance. I've had it to 78 lightly loaded at Berryessa.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Triton offers the 300r with torque master lower unit as their package. I want to see the XP hull performance and top end of the 300r to see if it is worth it. If not, might go with the 20 xp with the 250 xs.

6. Member
    I want a 21 XP, but I will def be running a sporty on it. Currently have a 2006 20XHP, with a 300R sporty it can fish in the mid 90's, been over 100 light. No poles.
    This rig weighs 1765 lbs, is only 150lbs lighter than the 21 XP, that big sporty should carry the boat. Def takes a different kind of prop. Have to be able to run the prop high.
    Keith Broussard Caney Lake, Louisiana
    2000 TR21 2000 Mercury 250 Pro XB OG980775 14" hydro plate

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrspop View Post
    I want a 21 XP, but I will def be running a sporty on it. Currently have a 2006 20XHP, with a 300R sporty it can fish in the mid 90's, been over 100 light. No poles.
    This rig weighs 1765 lbs, is only 150lbs lighter than the 21 XP, that big sporty should carry the boat. Def takes a different kind of prop. Have to be able to run the prop high.
    Mine is an 07 21X HP, would you share your jack plate brand and set back/ height/ prop setup? If My 250 2 stroke cost me any more..300R would be next.

8. Member
    That's the boat I would want! I have a 10' seastar xtreme hydraulic plus a 6' hydrodynamics static plate. Total of 16". Run a ton of props, depending on
    what I'm doing. The 300R can literally get on plane with almost any prop out there, including a 34 Mercury cnc cleaver. I have a smaller prop for fishing, a 26 4 blade hydromotive. But you can fish with bigger props, holeshot might be so-so. 30 promax would get over 90. I have a 29 and 30 3 blade Hoss Hyperdive, props that are made to be run high. I had a 31 Hill thru hub cleaver that ran 96 on the limiter that I ran almost out of water pressure, which has to be 3 or so inches above pad. To get the most out of that setup, you have to run props that were meant to run high. Promax or bravo are ok, but the bigger "performance" props will run great. Hoss hyperdrive, mercury max 5 st, etc. We ran it light with a 33 Hill Cleaver and CB Marine ran 102. The big sporty lifts the boat. Typically for performance, 1.5' or better above the pad. I have videos if interested
    Keith Broussard Caney Lake, Louisiana
    2000 TR21 2000 Mercury 250 Pro XB OG980775 14" hydro plate

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrspop View Post
    That's the boat I would want! I have a 10' seastar xtreme hydraulic plus a 6' hydrodynamics static plate. Total of 16". Run a ton of props, depending on
    what I'm doing. The 300R can literally get on plane with almost any prop out there, including a 34 Mercury cnc cleaver. I have a smaller prop for fishing, a 26 4 blade hydromotive. But you can fish with bigger props, holeshot might be so-so. 30 promax would get over 90. I have a 29 and 30 3 blade Hoss Hyperdive, props that are made to be run high. I had a 31 Hill thru hub cleaver that ran 96 on the limiter that I ran almost out of water pressure, which has to be 3 or so inches above pad. To get the most out of that setup, you have to run props that were meant to run high. Promax or bravo are ok, but the bigger "performance" props will run great. Hoss hyperdrive, mercury max 5 st, etc. We ran it light with a 33 Hill Cleaver and CB Marine ran 102. The big sporty lifts the boat. Typically for performance, 1.5' or better above the pad. I have videos if interested
    That gets me in the ball park as to what to expect. I'm currently running a 3 blade 26 Fury 3 out of the box, 1.5 or so below pad, 81.2 is the best with my standard load and light fuel. Your details are about what I figured after a bunch or reading/ research, 29 and up prop designed to run high, I just didn't think it would pick up quite that much on the top end. I'm in for the videos!

10. Member
    I have seen a guy hit 80-81 with just the Merc 250 and a 26 tempest with the 21XP.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nbavf6 View Post
    I have seen a guy hit 80-81 with just the Merc 250 and a 26 tempest with the 21XP.
    He must have had nothing in it and hardly any fuel because that is the only way that is possible.

12. Member
    Yea I want to know tournament loaded can the 21xp with 300r go 80 easily

13. Steve Rich
    Wow ups like to know his setup on hydro plate , I’m running 21 xp fury 24 3 blade at 1-1/2” ptp and only getting 72. Everybody keeps bragging about these fury props but my old 21x boat I was running 26 tempest and banging 83 all day . I feel there isn’t enough lift with this fury and banging the limiter also . I’m looking for a tempest 26 right now.had 50 gallons of fuel my wife and light tackle load . Triton says 4th hole down amd run hydraulic plate at 1 3/4” ptp , then boy dealer says 2 nd hole from top and 5-3/4 ptp . I have tried every way possible and 72 is it period ! And that’s driving it hard . I know tempest like it higher and these fury’s don’t . There is no way my boat is 80 mph boat with this prop . I know it can get better . Have to figure it out myself . lol.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steverich View Post
    Wow ups like to know his setup on hydro plate , I’m running 21 xp fury 24 3 blade at 1-1/2” ptp and only getting 72. Everybody keeps bragging about these fury props but my old 21x boat I was running 26 tempest and banging 83 all day . I feel there isn’t enough lift with this fury and banging the limiter also . I’m looking for a tempest 26 right now.had 50 gallons of fuel my wife and light tackle load . Triton says 4th hole down amd run hydraulic plate at 1 3/4” ptp , then boy dealer says 2 nd hole from top and 5-3/4 ptp . I have tried every way possible and 72 is it period ! And that’s driving it hard . I know tempest like it higher and these fury’s don’t . There is no way my boat is 80 mph boat with this prop . I know it can get better . Have to figure it out myself . lol.
    What motor do you have?