Tracker 190 TX motor height

Good morning, I just bought a new to me 2019 tracker 190tx with the 115 pro xs four stroke. With a complete stock setup I was running 39-40mph and hitting 6300 rpms. Doing some research a popular prop to help increase performance is the stainless mercury spitfire x7. So I got the 12.7”x 19p. With the motor on the lowest hole (top hole) and the new prop I was able to hit around 45-46 and at about 6000 roms. Most people were recommending to raise the motor to the third whole, as it’s the sweet spot for that motor and prop setup. Brought it to the third hole and I’m barely able to get 46 out of it and only hitting about 5400 - 5500 rpms. Plus at WOT the steering is pretty stiff. Would splitting the difference between the 1st and 3rd mounting hole make a difference? I’m not a fan of the stiff steering, plus I feel like I’m leaving rpm’s on the table. Most people with my setup are getting 48-50 mph and say the handling is great. Any help is appreciated

There's a lot of trial and error here and I've noticed results vary quite a bit on these Trackers. I've done quite a bit of testing with mine and the boat is pretty inconsistent.

I've touched 50mph, once. Typically I run 47, maybe touching 48. 21P fury jackplate and pretty decent weight distribution. There's a lot of facebook posts out there that will send you on this goose chase.

• 1st I assume you're using GPS speed?
    • 2nd where are you referencing your RPM?
    • Have you ran it in multiple conditions and wind? Mine seems to speed up with the light chop.
    • My boat also seems to be slightly faster with a little more weight in the stern, more fuel/livewell partially full, etc.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

3. Member
    Get a 6" jack plate, that helped out quite a bit on my Tracker 175.

4. Member
    Getting my rpms from the tach I don’t have vessel view yet. And I’ve tried it on flat water, slight chop, into the wind, wind on my back.

5. Member
    I'm running the spitfire X7 with the motor raised to the third hole on my 2018 PT190 115 pro XS. With just me, full fuel and fishing gear I'll hit just over 49 MPH by GPS at 6100-6200 RPM on the stock tachometer. Compared to the stock set up (21P, motor sitting on transom) I cut my hole shot time by 25%.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S