Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

250 Pro XS Air Compressor Information

I have a 250 Pro XS ser# 1B779001 and I blew the Air Compressor the middle of July this year. I took it to the local Mercury mechanic and they ordered the part and told me that the part wasn't available until after 15 Aug 2024. Does anyone know if there is a problem getting this part? The mechanic is still waiting for the part. I have looked online and a few sources show the part available, but most show the part as special order. Is Mercury changing the part which is creating an availability issue? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    It's on BO but there are several dealers that have them in stock.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    and likely to have availability date changed again and again
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

I hope not, I was hoping to have the boat back on the water before the end of the year.

5. Member
    ESTIMATED availability date now is SEPT 17
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    And Sept 17 will be Oct 17 if your lucky
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    ^^^^^+ 1 very lucky , i have waited as long as 5 months for some parts

Yeah, I found out today that Mercury sent my part back to the manufacturer because it didn't pass quality control standards. This sucks, hopefully this gets fixed soon. Thanks for all the inputs and information.

9. Member
    Don't know who told you that but I seriously don't think that happened.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

10. Member
    ^^^^^^^^ +1 me as well , dealer or MERURY MARINE tech service rep ??????

I talked with the dealer doing the repairs and he told me that he talked with whoever he ordered the part from at Mercury and they relayed that information to him. I also called and talked with the tech folks at Mercury who told me that the process was the parts come to Mercury from the manufacturer and if they don't pass QC standards they go back to the manufacturer. Kinda sounds legit.

12. Member
    kinda does yes

13. Member
    Be thankful QC caught it, i just found out mine self destructed at about 1.5 years old.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Plausible explanation, and honestly a good one in this case.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

15. Member
    My compressor failed in July also. Ordered and paid for new one First backorder said 8/28. Now says 9/17. Sucks Don’t really want to put a used one on

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    My compressor failed in July also. Ordered and paid for new one First backorder said 8/28. Now says 9/17. Sucks Don’t really want to put a used one on
    These are in stock at several places why would you have one on BO.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    Haven’t found one in stock anywhere. Tried for several weeks. Already paid for so not ordering from somewhere else
    8M0060052 is part number I came up with for my 07 I’m leaving on a 10 day trip so ok if it shows after I get home.

18. Member
    ESTIMATED availability 10-4-24, yep and probly change again

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    Where are these in stock? Mine blew in July as well. They're saying October 4th now very frustrating. Any one know where to get a used one?

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    IF you find one in stock (comments in browser's shopping feeds can be deceiving): Drop me a PM with the BOX DATE before you install it on your engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast