Oneida Shores Park Oneida Shores Park

Looking to do a Sunday fishing trip to Oneida and would prefer to get in on Saturday. Was thinking about camping 1 night has anyone stayed at this park and launched a boat. One night for camping could be a pain but would let my wife and daughter hang out at the beach for the day. I would actually pay for 2 night so no rush to pack up and leave. Would prefer to stay at Verona Beach campground but no availability.
    Cost isn't the issue but my wife would want the truck in case she wants to do something other than sit around. So she doesn't want to go to the boat ramp at 5:30am with me.
    2015 Crestliner VT 19 Pro Edition
    2015 Mercury 150 HP 4 Stroke
    Run mostly the Hudson river and creeks

2. Member
    The “campground” is basically just a grassy area inbetween two parking lots. Really no privacy but it would serve for exactly what you’re looking to do. Very easy access to the ramp, literally a 30second drive. You could launch the boat, drive back to your site and just walk back to the dock it’ll only take a minute or two longer than if you parked at the ramp. You’d have to contact Oneida shores for availability
    Last edited by ECobb91; 07-12-2024 at 07:28 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Ended up getting a notification that Verona Beach had an open slot. Since it seems state campsites now have power at the sites figured I would go there. This way the family would have access to the beach and we have reservations at night on the East end of the lake.
    2015 Crestliner VT 19 Pro Edition
    2015 Mercury 150 HP 4 Stroke
    Run mostly the Hudson river and creeks

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DirtyKids View Post
    Ended up getting a notification that Verona Beach had an open slot. Since it seems state campsites now have power at the sites figured I would go there. This way the family would have access to the beach and we have reservations at night on the East end of the lake.
    I believe NYS PRHP campgrounds have power sites.

NYSDEC campgrounds don’t have power sites, we almost always go to DEC owned campgrounds. they try to remain more “primitive” sites, if you can consider paved roads, showers and bathroom buildings primitive

sounds like you made out well!
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp