Can't connect to Active Captain

On my 8616 I have problems connecting to Active Captain despit the fact I think I know all the how's. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, change password, etc. Sometimes not most times it works for a while. Weird thing is usaly when I get it to work where I can see and record my screen from helm, when I try and connect it says connection unsuccesful and then starts working. Had it working for a shor while lately and succesfuly updated software for the 1st time using the app. Anything I'm missing Guru's? Scott

2. Member
    I have had some times when Active Captain can be finicky in terms of connecting. I always boot the graph up completely first. Then I will open Active Captain. That sequence usually works but sometimes I have had to restart AC a time or two.

3. Member
    I leave WiFi On on my iphone 13 pro. When I'm on the lake and turn on my graphs it auto connects. So all I have to to is start ActiveCaptain. With earlier software version of AC and GPSMAP there were times it was hit and miss but lately it has been working very well.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Garmin read my post and pushed the magic button on their end and today when I opened the app, for the 1st times in weeks, it connected right away without me doing anything. This makes no sense to me. Scott

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    When they first came out with AC, i thought it was great and easy to connect/use, now seems to always be something.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    O.K. Gurus, scratching my head again. For the second time today was able to update using active captain to 36.12 despit the fact that the app said I was not connected and would not read helm. When it finished updating it went back to working and said connected and could view the screen on helm? The updates are sent to the head unit via acive captain, I think ? Scott