Ultrex Quest DSC adapter to Garmin 12 pin

Hello,

Just want to confirm these are the right adapter to connect the new Ultrex Quest DSC transducer to Garmin Ultra and GPSMAP series?

- MINN KOTA DSC ADAPTER CABLE / MKR-DSC-14 GARMIN 8-PIN PN: 1852082
    - Garmin 8-pin Transducer to 12-pin Sounder Adapter Cable with XID PN: 010-12122-10

Thanks!

2. Member
    That is correct. I did the same - https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1246482

Note - you will need to select the correct transducer model (and frequency if you want) on the Garmin MFD. After speaking with Minn Kota via phone and some deliberation, I was told that the DSC transducer's frequency is 83/200kHz. I was advised by Garmin to use the dual beam setting; I called them to inquire about the audible clicking transducer noise that I had coming from the bow 106sv that was hooked to the Quest's DSC transducer. They informed me that the noise is normal and will not harm the MFD.

Also, I observed that when on the "dual beam" model, adjusting the frequency range to the highest setting (200kHz I believe) reduced or eliminated the noise coming from the MFD. I rarely utilize the 2D up front anyways, so not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by msupc View Post
    That is correct. I did the same - https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1246482

Note - you will need to select the correct transducer model (and frequency if you want) on the Garmin MFD. After speaking with Minn Kota via phone and some deliberation, I was told that the DSC transducer's frequency is 83/200kHz. I was advised by Garmin to use the dual beam setting; I called them to inquire about the audible clicking transducer noise that I had coming from the bow 106sv that was hooked to the Quest's DSC transducer. They informed me that the noise is normal and will not harm the MFD.

Also, I observed that when on the "dual beam" model, adjusting the frequency range to the highest setting (200kHz I believe) reduced or eliminated the noise coming from the MFD. I rarely utilize the 2D up front anyways, so not that big of a deal.
    DSC stands for Dual Spectrum CHIRP and with Humminbirds, it is 140-240 kHz or High Wide CHIRP using a Low-Q CHIRP rated piezo.
    It is called Dual Spectrum because Humminbirds have three choices within that frequency range.
    Full is default 150-220 kHz and adjustable.
    Narrow is 180-240 kHz fixed range.
    Wide is 140-200 kHz fixed range.

The Narrow and Wide is the Dual choices for that frequency range.

The former Dual Beam transducer is 83/200 kHz and is not CHIRP rated.
    Prior to Dual Spectrum, Humminbirds CHIRPed that transducer (Cheap CHIRP).
    83 kHz was CHIRPed at 75-95 kHz and adjustable.
    200 kHz was CHIRPed at 175-225 kHz and adjustable.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msupc View Post

Thanks!