Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home, boat and auto insurance who the best?

Insurance all coming due so time to shop. Got Framers now so let's see what's out there.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennybryan View Post
    Got Framers now so let's see what's out there.
    Sounds like your with the correct carrier now. I'm pretty sure we've all been framed.

3. Member
    Well, my agent says Farmers is the ONLY carrier they use. Interesting.......................

4. Member
    Which ever local carrier you have a relationship with.

5. Member
    Not sure of your age. My GF bundled with AARP and saved a lot of money.

6. Member
    Progressive has been good to me and been there when I needed them a couple of times, for car, motorcycle, and boat.

7. Member
    State Farm has been great to deal with for us. Local agents so no call centers, always been responsive to calls even on weekends, and are very upfront with us. FWIW I pay $200 a month for boat (book value including trailer and motor), house, two vehicles, pop up camper, and umbrella coverage
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    State Farm has been great to deal with for us. Local agents so no call centers, always been responsive to calls even on weekends, and are very upfront with us. FWIW I pay $200 a month for boat (book value including trailer and motor), house, two vehicles, pop up camper, and umbrella coverage
    I'd go with State Farm $2,400 a year for what ECobb listed sounds like hell of a deal

2009 ELITE 210

9. Member
    I probably pay more for State Farm than most are willing but have been with them over 30 years and have never had a problem with them.

10. Member
    I have Indiana Farm Bureau. I could probably find cheaper, but if I need them I just call my agent. I like having a local office with a local agent. Never had an issue with them.

Quote Originally Posted by kennybryan View Post
    Insurance all coming due so time to shop. Got Framers now so let's see what's out there.
    Loaded question...and it has many many factors.

I have my policies divided... house with one company, lakehouse with another, cars with progressive, boat, rec trailer, snowmobiles with yet another(foremost). You need to really understand what you are buying...not just a price.

I have a couple great agents I deal with.

12. Member
    If your a Vet then give USAA a call. But I did get a better deal with Arkansas Farm Bureau so…

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    I'd go with State Farm $2,400 a year for what ECobb listed sounds like hell of a deal
    I think we definitely have a good rate compared to what some others pay and we don’t really lack anything. They called this fall to go over our coverage and they couldn’t really upsell us anything, we basically have the best coverage they can offer us. Just gotta take it with a grain of salt though. I’m a peasant compared to most on here so my assets are much less than others. I can see the monthly insurance quote being much more..

I have an older boat (12k coverage with 300k liability), our cars are 3 and 8 years old, and while our house is fairly newish (built in 1992) valued at 180k and we don’t have to deal with flood insurance or anything like that. So full coverage for $200 a month is great, we also get a discount for having everything though them.

They’re great but sometimes their organization is a bit wonky. I’ve gotten my parents and uncles insurance cards in the mail many times. but the ability to call their personal cell phones if we need help or have any questions and meet with them in person is worth it’s weight in gold
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    If your a Vet then give USAA a call. But I did get a better deal with Arkansas Farm Bureau so…
    I dealt with USAA on a fire claim for a customer....amazing service. Their auto insurance is higher than willie nelson though.

Who is the best is all relative.

I’ve been with State Farm since the 80’s. 2018 truck, 2006 boat/trailer, house, camp and umbrella policy for $180 per month. Local agent told me at my last policy review that since I’ve been with State Farm for so long that if I cause a major accident, they won’t raise my premiums. Hopefully I never find out!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    I dealt with USAA on a fire claim for a customer....amazing service. Their auto insurance is higher than willie nelson though.
    They are high but their service is second to none. Provided a premium rental car (Audi Q7) for 220 days on an at fault claim when my wife had an accident during COVID and shop couldn't get repair parts.

Also, they've been working a lawsuit for 4 years on another at fault wreck my wife had. Fender bender and passenger in 3rd party car with $800 damage, that no one saw at the accident, sued through an ambulance chaser. He died last year, unrelated, and his estate (sister) won't drop the suit.

Yes, my wife isn't the best driver but USAA has been fantastic.

Home insurance is good, too. Replaced my roof, pool cage screen, gutters, down spouts, and window screens for hail damage. No hassle at all.

17. Member
    usaa on everything but boat --world wide marine from bbc sponsor for boat (which unfortunately is progressive but signed up before I knew it)
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    we dropped auto 50% going from alstate to usaa with zero claims and house was cheaper for 100k more plus 1M umbrella policy
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

19. Member
    Don't know about the best but since Geico just raised their premiums substantially I went with Mercury and am pleased and much heavier in the wallet area.

Farmers Insurance out of California or Georgia Farm Bureau? Farm Bureau is much better than Farmers.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast