Question 24 Caymas 21 Pro questions

I am contemplating the purchase of either a Caymas 21 pro with a Mercury 250 Pro XS or a Vexus 21 foot boat with a 300 Mercury Pro XS. How is the hole shot on the Caymas, and what is the top end speed with a Mercury 250 Pro XS? For those that purchased a 21 pro Caymas, are you happy with the boat and would you purchase it again?
    Last edited by Gerald D; 07-13-2023 at 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling error

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
    I am contemplating the purchase of either a Caymas 21 pro with a Mercury 250 Pro XS or a Vexus 21 foot boat with a 300 Mercury Pro XS. How is the hole shot on the Caymas, and what is the top end speed with a Mercury 250 Pro XS? For those that purchased a 21 pro Caymas, are you happy with the boat and would you purchase it again?
    I love mine but I do have the 300 R on it, it is an 80 mph boat most of the time, I would imagine it would be a 72-74 mph boat with a 250.

3. Member
    I’ve had four of them and my 24 model will be here any day, I went with a SHO on this one. Best boats I’ve ever owned and I’ve had them all. The 250 Mercury is temperamental in my opinion, in west Texas high elevation it’s a 68-69 mph boat, choke canyon, Amistad, Rayburn Fork it’s a 73mph boat. Hot water, hot air temp and higher elevation it doesn’t run as well. You have a great dealer right there, been dealing with TBW for years. Cliff and Mary are class acts and with Mary still involved she is the absolute best.
    Last edited by Cx21 Pro; 07-14-2023 at 09:29 AM.

4. Member
    Low 70’s will be best case speed for the Caymas.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    I’ve had four of them and my 24 model will be here any day, I went with a SHO on this one. Best boats I’ve ever owned and I’ve had them all. The 250 Mercury is temperamental in my opinion, in west Texas high elevation it’s a 68-69 mph boat, choke canyon, Amistad, Rayburn Fork it’s a 73mph boat. Hot water, hot air temp and higher elevation it doesn’t run as well. You have a great dealer right there, been dealing with TBW for years. Cliff and Mary are class acts and with Mary still involved she is the absolute best.
    The SHO is going to be a few mph slower at our elevation as well. Down at Amistad mines about 5mph faster.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    The SHO is going to be a few mph slower at our elevation as well. Down at Amistad mines about 5mph faster.
    My first Caymas in 20 had a sho and was faster at our elevation than my Mercs have been for some reason.

7. Member
    Buy it! You will love it.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS Lives