Power Pole Stuck

I have 8' Power Pole blades. It seems that if I extend them all the way out and they do not hit bottom that they do not want to come back up. has anyone ever experienced this and is there a fix for it?

Thanks,
    John

2. Member
    Powerpole got back to saying that they think it’s an air bubble but I don’t think that’s it. It doesn’t have that sound to it. Any other thought?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skipdog View Post
    I have 8' Power Pole blades. It seems that if I extend them all the way out and they do not hit bottom that they do not want to come back up. has anyone ever experienced this and is there a fix for it?

Thanks,
    John
    What do you mean they don’t want to come back up? How did you get them back up?

4. Member
    Sometimes if I continue to play with them they will eventually come up. Last time out, I had to pull up shallow until they hit bottom and that bump from hitting the bottom was enough to get them started. It only happens when they 100% deploy.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by skipdog View Post
    Sometimes if I continue to play with them they will eventually come up. Last time out, I had to pull up shallow until they hit bottom and that bump from hitting the bottom was enough to get them started. It only happens when they 100% deploy.
    is it a new istall did you do your deep water bleed. its very rare but could have a bent cyinder I remember one cse where was ever so slight bend i the cylinder and it would cause a bind at full deployment . you can aslo check the tension of the lower pivot bolts and make sure they are not to tight causing them to bind at full deployment and aslo make sure is enough slack in the hoses and not getting a kink at full deployment

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    is it a new istall did you do your deep water bleed. its very rare but could have a bent cyinder I remember one cse where was ever so slight bend i the cylinder and it would cause a bind at full deployment . you can aslo check the tension of the lower pivot bolts and make sure they are not to tight causing them to bind at full deployment and aslo make sure is enough slack in the hoses and not getting a kink at full deployment
    Thanks for the info K&K