Vortex hubs throwing grease??

I have a 2019 nitro z-18 with Trailstar single axle trailer. Bought new with the vortex hubs already on the trailer. I got new tires put on a few weeks ago and now I’ve noticed both wheels appear to have blue/greenish grease on the outer facing part of the wheel by the lug nuts. Has anyone experienced this? The fact that it is both wheels makes me think it has something to do with when the wheels were taken off for new tires to be mounted. I confirmed that the tire shop torqued to about 95 ft/lbs when putting wheels back on. Any help would be appreciated. Would like to avoid buying all new hubs if I don’t have to!

if I do need to buy new ones, does anyone have a part number they could provide me?

2. Member
    Update: I found out that both vortex caps are cracked at the thread (likely from the tire install). I did notice some moisture in the caps when I took them off. Would the hubs be damaged by this, or can I just pump full of fresh grease and install some new caps and roll on?

3. Member
    I regrease my hubs yearly and I to have found a little moisture in the cap when I removed them, also the grease was a little milkish. I pumped new grease in through the zerk fitting while the wheel was elevated and turning the wheel as I pumped new grease in. I continued this until I saw new grease coming out around the outer bearing. Of course I collected the old grease as it came out.

4. Member
    There is an updated cap for the hubs. The new one is aluminum vs the plastic. Any dealer Nitro should have them to give or for you to purchase. All 4 of mine busted on my 2022, they have since been replaced with aluminum.

5. Member
    The plastic caps that come with those trailers are junk. I've had three out of four break right at the edge of the threads. I know of two others with nitro boats that have had the same issue. I've replaced all of mine with metal ones and so far have not had any issues.